Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: is old film any good ?

  1. #11
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post


    I think it would be cool to have a thirty year old box of kodachrome 40...lets work out a trade...

    -Alex

  2. #12
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post


    Yeah, the box and the film.

    I'll see what splicer makes the most sense...although the good ones may be significantly more valuable than even a relic piece of film.

    This married couple....do you know them, or were you just stalking their wedding from afar?

    -Alex

  3. #13
    Inactive Member mdevlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2001
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The married couple , I believe they were some old friends of my Fathers,he shot the film,The back of my head could be seen in a little blip I was 8 or 9 years old.Not really any thing I need to keep for The family.
    My Father would tend to shot the Girls in skirts instead of of the family,and I also remember I have some film of boyscouts about the same time,a bit of outside footage is good.By them selfs these films are not great,but edited into another film I believe someone could add the best parts to a new film,dont you think?
    Michael

  4. #14
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post


    the funny thing about almost any piece of super-8 ever shot is that it is precious to somebody.

    It might be cool to find the couple, transfer the footage to video, find the family of the couple.

    If they are still together, It might make
    a neat gift.

    If they are not, but they had kids, they would really dig on it.

    As I go through all my "stuff" in the next month, I'll come up with something to offer you...you might want to put the film back in the box, I suppose you don't have the foil wrap anymore to put it in that?

    -Alex

  5. #15
    Inactive Member mdevlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2001
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok, what did you have in mind, did you want just the box or the film too ?
    I am in need of a splicer for super 8,as well as glue ,tape and some basic splicing intructions.I have a Kalart custom 8 spicer. It seems like it is only good for 8mm,(large spockets) I could trade that to.
    Hey how about some 30 year old film ,I have one of a 60s wedding,great outfits,mini skirts and all.It is mostly of the bride and groom coming out and leaving the church.
    What do yo think Alex?

    Michael

  6. #16
    Inactive Member mdevlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2001
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Update ,Alex I do not have the foil wrapper,I did find the name of the groom and where he lived at the time.Also two more three minute rolls which I have not looked at yet.
    If you think you could find him or family you sure could make someones day.
    One more thing I forgot to mention, this is on 8mm not super 8.
    Michael..

  7. #17
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post


    I did a video transfer today. The original footage was shot on BetaCam Sp..it was a news story, so naturally the news station recycled their tapes.

    When the pertinent interview finished, there was still 20 minutes of footage on the tape.

    There was one second of silence, and suddenly, a very loud and rich street scene jumped on the screen.

    It was really well shot, and the sound was stupendous. It featured a live band in an Asian style of clothing...rich red clothing, just playing up a storm.

    It sounded really good!

    I watched a few seconds of this footage, and imagined that

    A. ....the people in the scene probably never saw themselves...

    and B. even if they did see themselves on TV, they probably just saw a quick sound bite of their story.

    I hope I'm wrong.

    It's too bad the big boys can't make available raw footage to everyday people they feature.

    You know what would be really neat....find retired senior citizens who are shut-ins, and bored, and give them jobs finding people that exist as images on film or video from past stories.

    Shoot, it would make a really neat summer internship job for kids. Imagine a kid figuring out who is in a tape, and sending them a copy, even if it's raw and unedited.

    The kid would be on cloud nine. So would the people receiving the footage.

    Any TV station could do this...just have the kids grab old tapes that have footage on them and see if the people in the video got footage...although I'd take out the axe-murderers and sad stories.

    Offer it as a summer internship program.
    Although, this could cut in to everyone's time watching "The Making of Girls Gone Wild, the Movie".

    -Alex


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •